Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies extended declines after FTX agreed to be acquired by rival crypto exchange Binance. Stocks declined as investors waited to learn if Republicans would take control of one or both chambers of Congress.
Live Markets Updates
- Stocks Under Pressure Midday Wednesday
- Your Guide to Binance, FTX and Everything Else in the Crazy World of Crypto
- Bitcoin, Ether, Solana and FTX Token Prices Fall Further
- Binance's Changpeng Zhao Says His Exchange Embraces Scrutiny After FTX Bailout
- Will Sam Bankman-Fried Sell His Robinhood Stake?
- Coinbase Stock Touches All-Time Low in Wake of FTX Collapse
- Options Traders Pressed Short-Term Bets Against Coinbase
- Sam Bankman-Fried's Net Worth Collapses From An Estimated $16 Billion to $1 Billion
- Crypto Bank Silvergate's Stock Falls Further
- Meta Stock Jumps as Mark Zuckerberg Announces 11,000-Plus Job Cuts
The agreement between the competitors, who had recently traded barbs in public, comes after cryptocurrency companies and traders pulled money from FTX over concerns about the exchange’s financial stability.Long read
HKEX shares are down more than 40% since the start of the year, hit by a slump in trading activity and a sharp slowdown in new listings.4 min read
Wall Street is making a game plan for a fed-funds rate that some think could hit 6%, the highest since 2000.365 min read
Streaming losses more than doubled in the recent quarter but have reached their peak, says CEO Bob Chapek.3 min read
HEARD ON THE STREET
Heard on the Street
Heard On The Street
How the IPO Market Froze
Supply and Demand Aren’t Balancing Out Like They Used To. Here’s Why.
Mortgages, Cars and Credit Cards: How Interest-Rate Hikes Are Hitting Americans' Wallets